Capital Mass, which works with parish churches in London to tackle poverty and inequality, has produced a comprehensive guide to help people struggling with their finances because of the coronavirus crisis.
The guide contains lots of helpful information as well as details of trusted organisations that can provide further advice and support.
Some of the areas covered in the guide include:
- Your options when your income has been suddenly cut
- How to apply for Universal Credit
- Planning your finances and preparing a budget
- What to do if you can’t pay your bills
- Where to get help with debt
- Dealing with stress and anxiety at this difficult time
Some of the organisations listed as sources of further help include:
- Money and Pensions Service – dealing with the financial effects of coronavirus
- Turn 2 Us – a really useful guide to what you may be entitled to if you have lost your income
- Money Saving Expert – latest guide to changes in benefits, what help you can get and what your rights are
- Money & Mental Health – managing your mental and financial wellbeing
Capital Mass is a Joint Venture between the Church Urban Fund and the Diocese of London and aims to involve every parish church in the Diocese of London in tackling poverty and inequality.
If you’re an existing Credit Union member and would like to discuss your financial situation with us at any time, especially if you are struggling with loan repayments or need further help, please do get in touch. If you are currently not a member but would like to know more about our low cost loans and secure ethical savings, again please do contact us.
During the coronavirus outbreak, whenever possible we would encourage you to contact us using our online services, which are available 24/7. If you prefer to call us, please check our opening hours first, as these may be subject to change. Thank you.